About the Chapter
The Australia Chapter includes all members in the Oceania region as members. The purpose of the Chapter is to pursue the goals of the IAF at a regional level by:
- giving credibility to and furthering the work of the field of professional group facilitation
- providing a network to foster interchange between professional practitioners in the field
- developing appropriate opportunities, methodologies, models, tools and modes that support the practice of exemplary participatory facilitation.
For more information contact the IAF Australia Chapter Committee via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details on IAF events click here.
Knowledge & know-how
Check out our new interview series, where we chat with colleagues about the diverse range of perspectives and practices involved in facilitation.
Meet your 2022 Committee
Graham Miller (Secretary) | QLD
Principal, Slingshot Consulting
M +61 403 337 894
Megan Ross (IAF Global Oceania Representative) | ACT
M +(61) 414 466 066
IAF Online Workshops - Call for Facilitators
We are excited to showcase the expertise of our members and guests and to offer opportunities to develop skills and competencies as a facilitator community.
Online Workshop Series
IAF Oceania online workshops regularly attract between 40 and 90 participants and are aimed at facilitators and those working in related fields such as training, organizational development and consulting. Workshops should model positive facilitation behaviors and use experiential and interactive strategies to keep participants engaged. These workshops are not a speech or presentation; we are looking for highly engaging, interactive sessions – the kind that motivates participants to pay close attention and stay engaged.
Participants expect the content of sessions to be relevant to their work as facilitators. Many seek a key take-away that they can use immediately, while others may carefully consider what you’ve presented and adapt it to their particular situation.
Content Focus for 2021-2022 Series
Content for IAF Oceania workshops may cover a wide range of skills, techniques, and processes related to facilitation. In response to member interest and as facilitators committed to helping groups reflect, converge, and act, we encourage sessions that focus on:
- How to do things virtually: We are interested in both overview workshops on using techniques to design, develop, and deliver interactive online sessions, such as virtual graphic recording, and deep dives into specific tools to facilitate topical workshops, such as strategic planning.
- Methodologies and techniques related to: facilitation skills, conflict management, decision-making, design thinking, organizational assessments, process improvement, problem-solving, strategic planning, storytelling, and team building.
- Rethinking our roles and behaviors in furthering racial, social and environmental justice: We welcome our membership’s inspiration and recommendations on achieving this objective and developing our skills as facilitators to create change.
- Managing your facilitation business: About half of our members are external facilitators running their own facilitation practices. We are open to workshops to help these facilitators focus on important aspects of the business of facilitation, such as getting more facilitation clients, marketing their skills and services, and helping their facilitation business grow. Topics that can be applied to both internal and external facilitators would be highly desirable.
Sessions will be 90 minute in duration and generally are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month starting at 6pm AEST. The first ten minutes will include Introductions and welcome to country and 5 minutes of closing at the end by the moderator. Facilitators will have 75 minutes for facilitating their session. All workshops will be held via Zoom Meetings.
We will provide a tech host and moderator. The facilitator should expect to meet with the IAF Oceania team at least once in the month before the workshop to walk through process and finalise tech requirements.
Proposals are to be submitted on the IAF Oceania Online Workshop Proposal Form.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com