Join our Meetups
IAF England & Wales hosts regular Meetups for anyone interested in facilitation, hosting meetings, or running workshops. These sessions are designed to help people build their network of fellow facilitators, support each other in our work challenges, and learn from each other. They are free to attend, you do not have to be a member of the IAF to participate in them, and are led by volunteers from within our community.
There are two key types of Meetups that we offer:
1) Monthly on-line meetups, structured to allow people to 'drop in' to different parts of them (each 30 minutes long) as may be of interest:
- opportunity to gain insight and experience from other facilitators as to any current issues you may be working on
- exploring a topic of interest (detailed on each Meetup booking page)
- networking and community discussion
Further information is available on our Eventbrite page, where you can also subscribe to hear as soon as we announce events.
Please also see our sister groups in Ireland and Scotland:
The podcast for facilitators and those using facilitation, by facilitators. Brought to you by IAF England & Wales facilitators & friends. @FacStories #IAFpodcast #IAFEW
Podcast link: listen here
Other ways to connect
LinkedIn: IAF Facilitators and Friends
Slack (Global): IAF Facilitators and Friends
Further Information and to get more involved
Contact one of our elected Board members around the country:
- Jane Clift, Sheffield - Chair
- Cat Duncan-Rees, Stockport - Treasurer
- Paul Z Jackson - Board member
- Penny Pullan - Board member
- Paul Brand - Board member
Join us! We are particularly keen to welcome new members to our volunteer Leadership Team.
For further information, view or download here:
our IAF England & Wales 2022 plan
the 2022 Board election results
and the IAF England & Wales Chapter Bylaws.
Our Guardrails for Buddying guidance has been developed by a small group of facilitators in IAF England and Wales, to help facilitators who would like to set up a 'buddying' relationship with each other. IAF England & Wales is not organising buddying, but if you choose to set up some buddying with another Facilitator, we hope this guidance will help you make the most of it and avoid some pitfalls.