Elections to the Board
About the Board
A Board of Directors governs the International Association of Facilitators (IAF). Directors are elected by IAF members and serve on the Board in a voluntary capacity.
Directors are elected for a two-year term and around half the positions on the Board come to term each year.
Elections are held each year in the second semester of the calendar year. The elected directors start their term on January 1.
As set out in the IAF Bylaws, each year an independent Nominating Committee of IAF members oversees the election process.
When the call for nominations opens, all IAF members in good standing may nominate themselves as a candidate.
The Nominating Committee:
- reviews each nomination received against the essential criteria for that position
- confirms the slate of candidates for the election
- issues an invitation to all members in good standing to vote using a unique link to an online election platform
- manages the voting process
- contacts candidates to let them know the outcome of the election
- announces the outcome of the election.
2023 election results
Thank you to all our candidates and everyone who voted.
The Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the following candidates were elected to serve on the Board from 1 January 2024:
- Shalu Bhuchar, Director of Marketing and Communication (returning for a second term)
- Celeste Brito, Director of Member Experience
- Jawad Ahmed, Regional Director for Asia
- Tamara Zivadinovic, Regional Director for Europe and the Middle East (returning for a second term)
- Manal Sayid, Regional Director for North America.
There we no nominations for the Secretary position.