IAF Update February 2017: Calendar + Links, Method of the Month + Facilitation Impact
IAF Calendar for 2017
- 8-11 May 2017: IAFNAC Conference 2017, West Palm Beach, Florida - registration now open!
- 1 July 2017: Deadline for FIA award submissions
- 17-20 August 2017: IAF Asia Conference 2017, Seoul, South Korea
- 13-15 October 2017: IAF EMENA Conference 2017, Paris, France
- 16-22 October 207: International Facilitation Week 2017
- November 2017: IAF Africa Conference 2017, Arusha, Tanzania
- All year: 14 assessment events for the IAF Certified™ Professional Facilitator are planned. (Remember to register early if you are interested in getting certified this year!)
- Two new IAF chapters in Portugal and Jordan
- New IAF Director for Oceania appointed: welcome to Sharon Honner!
- Farewell & thanks for years of service to Vagn Strandgaard, IAF Director of Marketing & Partnerships
Method of the Month: Interview Matrix
The Interview Matrix is a method especially useful for large groups who have to reflect on a complex problem in a short amount of time. The group is divided into groups of four and each participant numbered one to four. They take turns to interview each other, one-to-one, swapping partners until all four have answered questions and recorded answers of others. Finally, all 1s, 2s, 3s, and 4s convene to present their findings and summarise key points.
Links we like
- Brian Tarallo is looking for your favourite simulations (IAF Facebook group)
- Kathleen O’Brien wants tips for facilitation supplies (IAF Facebook group)
- Blogpost: The collaborative leadership credo (via IAF LinkedIn group)
- Blogpost: Using parking boards to keep a group focused (via IAF LinkedIn group)
Facilitation Impact Worldwide
The Facilitation Impact Awards 2016 are still making waves… here are some pictures from two events last week:
Toronto last Wednesday: All Canadian prize winners together with the entire IAF Board