International Facilitation Week - 16-22 Oct 2017
Mark your calendars! International Facilitation Week (IFW) is not too far off. It’s time for us to start thinking about how we can showcase the power of facilitation to unleash group creativity. How can we generate better solutions, effect sustainable change and bring about a whole lot of other great outcomes?
IFW has always been exciting because of the ground-up approach of letting ‘a thousand flowers bloom’. That’s why we’re inviting IAF Regions, Chapters and even groups of members - wherever you are in the world - to get thinking about what you’d like to bring to life through facilitation.
Need some inspiration? A few ideas we suggest are:
- community events showcasing a facilitation process
- supporting your local charity or government with their strategy planning, staff engagement or stakeholder engagement work through facilitation
- writing an article in your local paper about facilitation
- hosting a webinar on facilitation
- a wine-and-cheese event for facilitators and those keen to know about it.
The IAF - as the global convenor of IFW - will publicise your event on our Facebook and other communication channels to get the word out and help more people benefit by participating.
Interested? Have an idea for an event? Great! Send the rough details (we’ll confirm them later) to our Chair, Noel Tan: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please include:
- proposed name of event
- proposed date and time
- name of hosting group
- location of event
- target audience and anticipated number (please indicate proportion of faciltator participants to non-facilitator participants)
- a blurb about the event for marketing purposes.