Updates in brief: New IAF Director of Conferences + Elections + Hall of Fame
New Director of Conferences
Congratulations to Hector Villarreal who has been appointed the new IAF Director of Conferences!
Elections on the horizon
Ever thought about becoming an IAF board member? Well, now’s the time - in a few weeks’ time, we’ll be asking for nominations for the positions up for election:
- Regional Directors for Latin America, Canada, Asia and Europe & Middle East
- IAF Secretary
- Marketing and Partnerships
- Conferences & Events
Role descriptions will be available soon, and in the meantime you can read about the overall board role and screening criteria for all directors to give you a flavour of what's involved.
Board members contribute to the profession and help build a thriving association that supports our members. Taking on a board position offers huge personal development, as well as the possibility of working alongside a great bunch of like-minded people who are driven by the same ambition for the association and facilitation worldwide. So give it some thought and watch this space for an announcement from the Elections Committee.
Hall of Fame
Every year, the IAF celebrates members who have worked hard to advance both our profession and the association by honouring them in our Hall of Fame. This recognition goes to those who have contributed extraordinarily.
Have someone in mind? You have until 22 October to get your nomination to Vice Chair Trevor Durnford at email@example.com. The new inductees will be announced at the end of the year.
See who’s already celebrated in the IAF Hall of Fame, as well as criteria for gaining entry into this prestigious space.
International Facilitation Week 2017
- Join the small international working group that is being formed to co-ordinate this effort and take the successes of the last few Facilitation Weeks to another level. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to help out.
- Chapter leads and regional leadership teams can begin working with their members to think about how they can bring the spirit of International Facilitation Week into their local communities and cities.
- Members can take a look at the list of activities in 2016 on this page and also access suggestions about what might be done for this year.