Call for Nominations for IAF Board of Directors
It's now time for nominations to be received for the IAF Board of Directors!
You can nominate yourself. You can nominate someone else with their permission.
The following positions are being called for:
- IAF Secretary
- Director of Marketing and Partnerships
- Director of Conferences & Events
- Director of Communications
- Regional Director for Latin America
- Regional Director for Canada
- Regional Director for Asia
- Regional Director for Europe & Middle East*
You can nominate yourself - or someone else
- Consider standing for election yourself, or nominate someone you know.
- The Candidate Information Form and all the other information you need for a Nomination can be found here.
- Nominations must be received by Tuesday, 12 September 2017, your time.
- The election will take place online from 6-15 October 2017.
If you serve on the Board
- You get the chance to contribute to growing the profession of facilitation.
- You would hear different perspectives about the development of the profession from people across the world.
- You would make lasting friends and colleagues from all over the world.
- You would establish a global reputation.
- Your resume could benefit from a leadership role you’ve been elected to.
- You could refer to it as a learning experience when you apply for your CPF or recertification.
If you have someone you would like to nominate
- Do they have something to contribute to growing our profession?
- Have they unused leadership potential that could be nurtured by a responsible role?
- Could their resume benefit from a leadership role they’ve been elected to?
- Would they like the chance to hear global perspectives and contribute their own?
"But it takes time.”
Yes it does. And you can inspire others to contribute - the more we encourage participation, the less each has to do and the more we accomplish. Everyone understands when you set your own boundaries and commit to what you know you can do.
“But nobody knows me.”
Maybe... and your biography will introduce you, your skills and your passion for facilitation to the IAF membership.
“But I don’t know enough about how the IAF works.”
… and that’s why we arrange a face to face meeting of the new Board early in 2018 which includes a thorough on-boarding for new Board members.
For more information regarding the 2017 Board elections please visit
You can also contact the IAF Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Staples, IAF Hall of Fame, Chair of the Committee
Ronit Andorn-Broza, Canada
Giuseppe Totino, EMENA
Michelle Rush, Oceania
Jonathan Bell, United States
* The EMENA region is being reorganised on 1 January 2018: From that date, countries in North Africa fall under the Africa Region, resulting in a smaller EME region encompassing Europe and the Middle East.