The IAF Chicago Chapter aims to foster the growth of the field of facilitation and all its related practitioners, processes, technologies, and research, by providing a mechanism for networking, exchanging, and sharing best facilitation practices.
The Chicago Chapter was the first IAF Chapter to be established in the United States and was approved by the IAF Board of Directors in 2012.
Each month the group hosts a planning meeting (usually a morning teleconference) as well as a professional development activity (usually an evening activity), often called IAF Chicago Conversations. These events discuss a variety of subjects related to facilitation and are hosted live at one or more locations in the Chicago area.
The 2015 Chicago Chapter Meeting schedue is available here.
IAF Chicago Conversation on FoCuSeD Presence, April 2013
The next planning teleconference will take place:
Date: Monday, May 11, 2015, 7:30–8:30 am
To dial-in: Call +1 712 432-1500 and use access code 457581#
To join online: Click here to access the online meeting space.
The next professional development session will take place:
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 6:00–9:00 pm
More details forthcoming.
For more information about these events or the IAF Chicago Chapter in general, please contact: email@example.com
Past events held by the IAF Chicago Chapter include:
- January 2015: IAF Chicago Planning Metting for 2015.
- November 2014: Using Technology for Maximum Facilitation Success with Bluescape.
- October 2014: Insightful Facilitation Through Improv Theater with Izzy Gesell.
- July 2014: The Learning Journey: Innovation & Creativity Through Collaboration
- May 2014: Facilitating Introverts: Eliciting the Gifts of Quiet Ones with Margaret Sullivan & Janice Thomson.
- March 2014: Dance for Team Building & Collaboration with Ethnic Dance Chicago.
- January 2014: Outing to the Lillstreet Art Centre.
- November 2013: Using Indirect Questioning Methods to Facilitate Difficult Discussions with David DeWitt
- October 2013: Participative Action Research with Dan Heck, PMP.
- August 2013: Collective Story Harvest, in collaboration with Chicago Dialogue & Deliberation Community of Practice and the Illinois Art of Hosting.
- April 2013: Introduction to FoCuSeD Presence with Sean Rush
- February 2013: Public Conversations with Matt Sweeney
- December 2012: Group Interaction with Paul Collins, founding Chapter member.
- November 2012: Facilitation Symposium at DePaul University, with Jim Truxel, M.A. and Gary Rush, IAF CPF, founding Chapter member.
- October 2012: Collaboration facilitated by Gary Rush, IAF CPF and graphically recorded by Brandy Agerbeck.
- August 2012: Launching Projects with Dan Heck, PMP and founding Chapter member.