IAF Jamaica was founded as the first Chapter of the International Association of Facilitators in the Latin America and Caribbean Region in 2011. Our goal is to promote the profession of Facilitation in Jamaica and the Caribbean which is aligned to the IAF’s Vision and Mission and Code of Ethics. In 2011 we started with 8 founding members. We currently have 24 members, 21 in Jamaica, 2 in Trinidad and one facilitator based in St. Lucia.
IAF Jamaica’s Vision:
IAF Jamaica brings possibilities to life through professional Facilitation as the preferred and respected participatory practice for transformation.
IAF Jamaica’s Mission:
IAF Jamaica advocates the understanding and use of professional Facilitation for individual, organizational and national development.
Some highlights we’ve been involved in promoting Facilitation and organizing Professional Development events:
- Bi-monthly Chapter meetings for professional development and networking
- Staging of our Annual General Meetings since 2014
- Periodic Newsletters per year since 2015
- Staging of the second regional IAF Caribbean Conference in Kingston, Jamaica, 2013
- Co-organizing the 1st North American and Caribbean Conference in Port of Spain, Trinidad, 2016
- Public Forums during International Facilitation Week in 2014 and 2016
- Pro bono Facilitation of Strategic Planning for the Maxfield Park national children’s home and the planning of the CARIFTA Swimming Championships for the Amateur Swimming Association of Jamaica (ASAJ)
- Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Management Institute for National Development (MIND) for the use of professional Facilitation in individual, organization and national development
IAF Jamaica’s Core Values:
Integrity, Humility, Innovation, Learning for Growth, and Fun
IAFJ Board of Directors 2015-2017:
Mrs. Gillian Chambers, Chair
Mrs. Sharon Carruthers, Secretary
Ms. Alicia Lyle, Treasurer
Mrs. Ulla Wyckoff Tomlinson, Director Communications
Mrs. Georgia Sinclair, Director Professional Development
Mrs. Fay Pape Sukhu, Director Membership