IAF Africa Conference 2018: Mombasa, Kenya
Conference Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to attend, participate and facilitate in the International Association of Facilitation (IAF) Conference-2018, that will bring together phenomenal facilitators, educationists, researchers, academicians, lawyers, social workers, technologists, entrepreneurs, business managers, environmentalists, practioners and individuals who are engaged in diverse fields that contribute to promoting the welfare of humankind across the world. It will be held in Mombasa, Kenya on 17th -20th October, 2018. Conference registration deadline is September 7, 2018. At IAF, you will be able to:
- Share your knowledge, skills, attitudes, experiences, research findings, innovations, projects and engagements in facilitation in a multicultural atmosphere.
- Interact with “top-notch” facilitators, colleagues and accomplished professionals in diverse fields of work.
- Establish professional relationships, new networkers and participants.
- Find new opportunities to grow and transformational experience to grow and contribute to the world through facilitation.
150 USD for IAF Members
200 USD for Non-members
Participant's own responsibilty
BANKING and MEDICAL facilities available at the doorstep.
WELCOME ALL to enjoy panaromic view of the Indian Ocean at a strategically located resort on Kenya's most popular beach where tranquility is at its best.
Range from 25 USD in the immediate neighbourhood to 65 USD for HALF BOARD at the Conference venue itself, a 5- star hotel, 2 km from Diani Airstrip and about 50 km from MOI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
Registration is now open:
Instalment payments are encouraged.
Make a payment VIA SWIFT transfer from any local bank as you provide the following information:
BENEFICIARY NAME : Pwani Facilitators
BENEFICIARY'S BANK : Cooperative Bank
BENEFICIARY'S A/C No. 01134445971600
BRANCH : Nkurumah Road
COUNTRY : KENYA
SWIFT CODE : KCOOKENA
BANK CODE : 11000
BRANCH CODE : 11004
PURPOSE : Conference fee
Kindly send a scanned copy of SWIFT Confirmation to: email@example.com
You will receive acknowledgement for successful transaction.
All Inquiries can be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
You are cordially invited to submit your abstracts and participate in IAF 2018. The deadline for submission of abstracts is September 7, 2018. The conference will be held under the theme – SPREADING THE LIGHT OF FACILITATION IN SHADES OF GREY.
The theme lends itself to a rich mix of sub-themes as follows:-
- Skills and process sessions in Business development, leadership, mainstreaming gender, equity, marketing, climate change, human rights, corporate responsibility, change management, community development, social work and health related work.
- Facilitation methodologies for enhancing public participation, civil discourse, conflict resolution and inter-generational corporation.
- Transformation of knowledge, technology, tools, methodologies, experience, expertise, practical skills and innovations to diverse and novel areas.
- Thinking beyond basics:- the psychology of facilitation, dealing with difficult dynamics, facilitator self refection, facilitation for collective impact and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
- Special options of facilitation: Virtual, webinar, dynamic, mass (large group), skills building, strategic planning, graphic, theories (body) open space, visualization, outdoor.
- Knowledge sharing within professional peer groups, networking, brainstorming on social media, integration in real life and research based stuff.
- Facilitation for self-discovery, creation of opportunities, development of essential social skills, enhancement of results and impact, confidence building, 1 -on- 1 learning, thinking skills, field practice and adoption of innovation.
- Showing role facilitation in decision-making and problem solving as demands of life in diverse settings. The survival of the fittest individual vs the survival of a united compassionate community of human beings.
- Great facilitation: - How to deeply connect with participants, facilitation threshold, ensuring participants learn something new, proof of evident deliberations.
- Facilitations of continuous development programmes.
Kindly be guided by the aforementioned sub-themes to choose and develop a suitable topic for your presentation at the conference.
- Participatory facilitation approach is encouraged while power-point presentations are discouraged.
- All submitted abstracts and papers will be peer reviewed for consideration and approval.
- Papers and presentations demonstrating high impact, balance of theory and practice may be considered for further action.
A vital component of the conference is capacity building based on core values, competencies and standards of IAF.
IAF 2018 conference will be held at KASKAZI BEACH HOTEL in DIANI, South of Mombasa City.
Diani Beach is considered to be the center of south coast in terms of tourist attractions.
Mombasa is Kenya’s main port and popular holiday city with world class tourist facilities. It is situated on an Island. It’s the only port that serves not only Kenya but land locked countries like Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs).
- What does the conference fee cover?
Answer: It caters for:
- Am & PM tea with snack.
- 2 x 0.5 liter mineral water per person per day.
- Conference stationaries
- Lunch buffet with a soft drink.
- Complimentary use of PA & LCD projector.
- Conference Hall.
Conference fee does not cater for accommodation however, cheapest, affordable, convenient and excellent accommodation can be sought at DIANI CAMPASITE/COTTAGES via face book page. Rates at 35 USD for half board It is 500 meters from the venue of conference and easily accessible via the beach front. BUT LIMITED rooms so book early. More accommodation options will be made available to you in due course.
- Can I pay more to support another participant?
Answer Yes. Such a fine gesture is so much encouraged.
- Is it possible to attend only for one (1) day? How much will it cost?
Answer: You are free to do so. Cost of conference fee in that case is 70 USD per day.
- How do I access the venue from Mombasa International Airport?
Answer: Get a taxi cab @15 to 20 USD from the Moi International Airport to the Likoni ferry which links Mombasa to the south coast. From the Ferry, board a vehicle to Ukunda @10 USD. There is a goal tarmac road spanning 50Km up to Diani Beach where Kaskazi Beach Hotel is located just along the Highway. You can also take a local flight to Diani Airstrip, which is 2Km from the venue at 35USD. If you get to Standard Gauge Railway terminus in Mombasa, follow the same procedure given to get to the Conference venue.