About Facilitation Week
Facilitation Week is the spark that ignites facilitation-related activities around the world to:
- Build an understanding of how facilitation can be used in varied areas of life
- Showcase the power of facilitation
- Create a sense of community amongst facilitators
- Share expertise and learn new facilitation methods and processes
- Know the impact created across the globe by using facilitation processes, tools and methods
At the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), we are the catalyst for Facilitation Week.
The invitation to celebrate the week is open to everyone who knows of and believes in the Power of Facilitation to create and impact change in all walks of life.
Marketing materials to help you promote your events will be available here closer to Facilitation Week.
Spread the word
Use #FacilitationWeek to join the discussion.
Some ideas to inspire you
- Publicise your facilitation stories on your own and your clients' websites. Get creative, use video and podcasted interviews.
- Host a "Lunch and Learn" or "Coffee-Break case study" in your workplace to showcase how your organisation uses and benefits from facilitation.
- Host a facilitation learning event for others who also work with groups to collaborate, solve complex problems or resolve conflict.
- Host an event for potential clients to showcase the benefits of facilitation. Need inspiration? Take a tour of our past awardees for the Facilitation Impact Awards.
- Offer free or discounted facilitation services to groups who could benefit from professional facilitation. Use #facilitationweek to promote your pro-bono contribution and share the results.
- Approach your local school, college, university, teaching hospital or training providers to see if they'd like to collaborate on a #facilitationweek event.
- Talk to your local or national health- and social care organisations to discuss the possibility of a training or other facilitation event during the Facilitation Week.
- Use your networks - What other professional organisations do you belong to that might be interested in joining us in celebrating #facilitationweek
- Make use of the media. Local papers and radio stations may include coverage if given a strong local angle or link to issues currently in the news.
- If you blog, post a compelling story about the power of facilitation.
- If you have any other ways you would like to participate in the Facilitation Week, inspire us! Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.