Elections to the Board FR
About the Board
As set out in the IAF Bylaws, each year a Nominating Committee of IAF members oversees the election process.
As a volunteer-led Association, our success depends on the time and energy given by our members. When the call for nominations opens each year, all IAF members are invited to:
- review the role descriptions, including essential criteria, for each of the positions up for election,
- nominate themselves or another as a candidate for one of the positions by completing a nomination form.
Please Note: Nominees must make sure there are no spaces in the filenames and must avoid incorrect file extensions for any document submitted to avoid it being blocked.
The Nominating Committee:
- reviews each nomination received for a position against the essential criteria for that position,
- confirms the slate of candidates for the election,
- issues an invitation to all members in good standing to vote using a unique link to an online election platform,
- manages the voting process,
- contacts candidates to let them know the outcome of the election, and
- announces the outcome of the election.
Members of the 2022 Nominating Committee:
- Ephraim Osunde – Nigeria (Co-Chair)
- John Cornwell – Kenya (Co-Chair)
- Jackie Chang – Taiwan
- Sharon Honner – Australia
- Anthony Olton - Barbados
- Bill Staples – Canada
- Simon Wilson – UK
|Friday 7th October||Call for Nominations opens|
|Friday 21st October||Call for Nominations closes|
|Tuesday 25th October||Announcement of Slate of Candidates|
|Monday 14th November||Voting Opens (and links sent to all members)|
|Friday 25th November||Voting Closes|
|Wednesday 30th November||Announcement of New Board Members for 2023-24|
The following positions are up for election for a two-year term:
- Director, Professional Development
- Director, Conferences & Global Events
- Regional Director, Africa
- Regional Director, Oceania
- Regional Director, Latin America & Caribbean
See Board of Directors role statements for information on each role.