Elections to the Board FR
About the Board
A Board of Directors governs the International Association of Facilitators (IAF). Directors are elected by IAF members and serve on the Board in a voluntary capacity.
Directors are elected for a two-year term. Around half the positions come to term each year. IAF allows members to serve on the Board for no longer than a total of 6 years.
Elections are held towards the end of the calendar year. The elected directors start their term on January 1.
As set out in the IAF Bylaws, each year a Nominating Committee of IAF members oversees the election process.
As a volunteer-led Association, our success depends on the time and energy given by our members. When the call for nominations opens each year, all IAF members are invited to:
- review the role descriptions, including essential criteria, for each of the positions up for election,
- nominate themselves or another as a candidate for one of the positions by completing a nomination form.
Please Note: Nominees must make sure there are no spaces in the filenames and must avoid incorrect file extensions for any document submitted to avoid it being blocked.
The Nominating Committee:
- reviews each nomination received for a position against the essential criteria for that position,
- confirms the slate of candidates for the election,
- issues an invitation to all members in good standing to vote using a unique link to an online election platform,
- manages the voting process,
- contacts candidates to let them know the outcome of the election, and
- announces the outcome of the election.
We are currently finalising the Election calendar for 2023. We plan to open the call for nominations in April, run the elections in June and announce new board members for 2024–2025 in July.
The following positions are up for election for a two-year term:
- Director of Marketing and Communications
- Director of Member Experience
- Regional Director for Asia
- Regional Director for Europe and Middle East
- Regional Director for North America
See Board of Directors role statements for information on each role