Hall of Fame
About the Hall of Fame
Inaugurated in 2014, the IAF Hall of Fame celebrates members who have worked hard to advance both our profession and our association. It recognises individuals who have contributed to our field of practice and who have served the association in some extraordinary way.
Members of the Hall of Fame must have:
- Been a IAF member for at least 8 years;
- Made ‘significant contributions’ to the field of facilitation;
- Shown a high level of dedication and service to the Association.
The term ‘significant contribution’ is defined as having advanced the profession of facilitation by: adding to the body of knowledge in the field through publication or through social media channels; offering wide-spread facilitation training and mentorship; conducting and disseminating research on the science of facilitation; or through promotion of the power of facilitation.
A high level of dedication to the association could include serving on the IAF Board of Directors or on one of the many committees or working groups, through volunteer activities and through the promotion of the IAF that is above and beyond that expected of normal active membership.
Information on how to nominate someone for the Hall of Fame is published on this page when we call for nominations.
Hall of Fame inductees
Congratulations and thank you to our Hall of Fame inductees.
- Sharon Almerigi
- Jim Campbell
- Maureen Jenkins
- Pamela Lupton-Bowers
- Tony Nash
- Ruth E. Nicholson
- Ng Choon Seng
- Penny Walker
- Kimberly Bain
- Janet Danforth
- Barbara Mackay
- Nel Mostert (Europe, Middle East & North Africa)
- Carol Sherriff (Europe, Middle East & North Africa)
- Dorothy Strachan (Canada)
- Michael Wilkinson (USA)
- John Butcher (Canada)
- Malin Moren (Europe, Middle East & North Africa)
- Larry Philbrook (Asia)
- Rhonda Tranks (Oceania)
- Sunny Walker (USA)
- Nadine Bell (USA)
- Gilbert Brenson-Lazan (Latin America & the Caribbean)
- Ann Epps (Asia)
- Martin Gilbraith (Europe, Middle East & North Africa)
- Jo Nelson (Canada)
- Theresa Ratnam-Thong (Asia)
- Keith Ryall (Oceania)
- Dr. Sandor Schuman (USA)
- Bill Staples (Canada)
- Dr. Tom Schwarz (Oceania)
Click here for the biographies of Hall of Fame inductees for 2014 and 2015.