Beyond the Post-it!
Where is the innovation?
Okay, so not all of us are stuck in the world of post-its. And not all of us think we need to innovate our craft… if it ain’t broken, why fix it? Regardless of where you are on these spectrums, let’s talk. A community like the IAF can push you- even just a small step- outside of your comfort zone. What an asset! To learn more and help others learn more. To enjoy more and help others enjoy more.
And speaking of innovation, might I add a mini plug for the Global Facilitation Summit? Is that allowed or cheeky? I am doing it anyway. Not just Mark McKergow author of HOST Leadership but none-other-than one of the Liberating Structures authors, Keith McCandless. And maybe you are rolling up your sleeves and preparing an innovative session yourself? The Call for Workshop Leaders is open!
This Global Flipchart focuses on:
- Reflections from our transitioning Chair, Trevor Durnford
- Freeing yourself from the tyranny of post-its by Tamara Eberle
- Digging into the old to find new: innovation as excavation by Melissa A. Matthews
- Exploring climate-smart solutions for a more sustainable facilitation intervention by Elena Wallén Björkenäng
- Jefffer London on “Challenging people to be creative”
- An innovative case-study from the IAF Philippines by John Green
- A look into the growing field of facilitation technology by Steve Bather and Héctor Villarreal
- The best books to binge on this quarter and the best podcast to complement this curation of articles
- Updates from the association inclding Facilitation Impact Awards, update on the Global Facilitation Summit and report from the Conference of the Americas.
A big shout-out to everyone who helped this flipchart get up and running!
We look forward to a massive amount of contributions for the #18’s issue entitled: “Egad that went wrong! Here is what I learned” Due February 15th.
Feedback is a gift! Send us gifts, we like them all.
Until next time,
Editor of the IAF Global Flipchart