IAF Africa Conference 2018
Download the Conference Programme - PDF
Call for Proposals - WORD
You are cordially invited to submit your abstracts and participate in IAF 2018. The deadline for submission of abstracts is August 31, 2018. The conference will be held under the theme – SPREADING THE LIGHT OF FACILITATION IN SHADES OF GREY. You can email your submissions to email@example.com.
The theme lends itself to a rich mix of sub-themes as follows:-
- Skills and process sessions in Business development, leadership, mainstreaming gender, equity, marketing, climate change, human rights, corporate responsibility, change management, community development, social work and health related work.
- Facilitation methodologies for enhancing public participation, civil discourse, conflict resolution and inter-generational corporation.
- Transformation of knowledge, technology, tools, methodologies, experience, expertise, practical skills and innovations to diverse and novel areas.
- Thinking beyond basics:- the psychology of facilitation, dealing with difficult dynamics, facilitator self refection, facilitation for collective impact and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
- Special options of facilitation: Virtual, webinar, dynamic, mass (large group), skills building, strategic planning, graphic, theories (body) open space, visualization, outdoor.
- Knowledge sharing within professional peer groups, networking, brainstorming on social media, integration in real life and research based stuff.
- Facilitation for self-discovery, creation of opportunities, development of essential social skills, enhancement of results and impact, confidence building, 1 -on- 1 learning, thinking skills, field practice and adoption of innovation.
- Showing role facilitation in decision-making and problem solving as demands of life in diverse settings. The survival of the fittest individual vs the survival of a united compassionate community of human beings.
- Great facilitation: - How to deeply connect with participants, facilitation threshold, ensuring participants learn something new, proof of evident deliberations.
- Facilitations of continuous development programmes.
Kindly be guided by the aforementioned sub-themes to choose and develop a suitable topic for your presentation at the conference.
- Participatory facilitation approach is encouraged while power-point presentations are discouraged.
- All submitted abstracts and papers will be peer reviewed for consideration and approval.
- Papers and presentations demonstrating high impact, balance of theory and practice may be considered for further action.
- A vital component of the conference is capacity building based on core values, competencies and standards of IAF.