IAF EME Milan Conference 2019
AGILE AND FACILITATION
IAF EME REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2019
Thursday, 2 - 4 May 2019
We're very excited to announce the IAF EME Conference 2019 will be hosted in Milan, Italy!
AGILE AND FACILITATION
We value individuals and interactions over processes and tools. Agile movement has changed the way people work together in software industry and has become one of the new paradigms of teamwork and project management. Agile approach is extensively based on facilitative leadership and facilitation, and people working in agile have developed their own facilitation tools and techniques. The IAF Europe and Middle East 2019 regional conference will explore the relationship between Agile and Facilitation. What is the role of facilitation into the Agile movement? What are the facilitation techniques and tools that have been most successfully applied from Agilists? Is there any facilitation technique developed by Agilists that has been used by facilitators in other industries and sectors?
Simplicity is to maximize the amount of work done. The IAF EME 2019 Regional Conference will be organised with an Agile format.
The works will start on Thursday at 2.30pm and will last until Saturday at 1pm. On Thursday afternoon and Friday will run workshops proposed by participants, while Saturday morning will be in an open space format.
- What is the role of facilitation into the Agile movement?
- What are the facilitation techniques (Open Space, Focused Conversations, Brianstroming, Scenario Planning etc.), tools and approaches that have been most successfully applied from Agilists?
- Is there any facilitation technique developed by Agilists that has been used by facilitators in other industries and sectors?
We invite you to share your knowledges and experiences by offering a workshop around this theme. Please use this form to propose a workshop session for IAF EME Conference, Milan, Italy, May 2 – 4. Workshops will run Thursday afternoon and Friday, while Saturday morning will be in an open space format. Proposals are requested for 90 minute workshops for Thursday afternoon, and for 180 minute workshops for Friday.
If the submission form presents you with any challenges, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who is registered, both IAF members and non members, can propose a workshop. Due to time and space it may happen that not every workshop will enter the final program but can still be proposed during the open space on Saturday morning.
Please remember: the deadline date for submissions is January 31, 2019
All applications will be reviewed by the Conference Organizing Committee (COC). If your proposal is accepted you will receive further details to help you with your preparation. If it is not accepted you will be informed and provided with the reasons for this decision. We plan to let you know by February 15, 2019. Please note that presenters of the selected workshops will meet on Thursday morning for a fine tuning meeting.
All applications will be reviewed by the Conference Organizing Committee against the following criteria:
- Does the proposed session support the IAF Code of Ethics and the IAF Core Competencies for facilitators?
- Does the session also support the theme of the Conference, “Agile Facilitation”?
- Does the proposed session ensure a balanced mix of approaches & methods for the expected participants?
- Does the session add special content and unique value to the Conference, like new tools, techniques, processes or relevant new research?
- Does the session is run in an Agile way?
Please note that you will be granted the following equipment: flipchart, paper, markers. If you need additional materials, please let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
As with all IAF conferences, facilitators/presenters for concurrent workshops are also participants in the entire event and will not receive any payment for running sessions.