Confirm your IAF Certified™ Professional Facilitator Status
Please click here for our IAF Professional Development Pathway Presentation
In order to maintain all levels of the IAF Certified™ Professional Facilitator (CPF), you must:
- Be a current member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF);
- Undertake the recertification every:
- Four (4)*** years for CPF
- Six (6) years for CPF | Master.
The IAF requires that CPFs recertify in order to ensure that the CPF designation maintains its credibility and continues to denote ongoing mastery of the IAF Core Competencies by facilitators who are active in the field. Recertification also encourages IAF members to commit to their own professional development, assisted by credible peer review and feedback. ***Kindly note, the cycle for recertification was changed to a four (4) year cycle as of January 1, 2019. If you were certified or recertified prior to 2019, you would still be due for renewal at the three (3) year mark. Upon successful recertification, you would then fall into the new cycle and be due for renewal in four (4) years.
The CPF Recertification process was developed by a working group of CPFs and approved by the IAF Board of Directors in 2009.
All CPFs and CPF | Master who are approaching the date required for recertification will receive a notification from the IAF with detailed information regarding the recertification process. This includes the timeframe in which recertification must take place in order to preserve a CPF designation.
Recertification requires that the CPF/CPF M completes a Recertification Application and pay the required fee. The application consists of the following three components:
- A listing of seven (7) facilitated workshops completed within the last four (4) years. The selected workshops should ideally demonstrate a variety of processes that demonstrate your range of facilitation skills.
- A listing of professional development undertaken since your original certification date.
- A short essay (1000-1500 words), linking lessons learned since you became a CPF to the IAF Core Competencies, demonstrating changes in facilitation style and behavior, and indicating what growth has occurred during the period since your CPF Certification.
For CPF | Master:
- A listing of six (6) facilitated workshops completed within the last six (6) years. The selected workshops should ideally demonstrate a variety of processes that demonstrate your range of facilitation skills.
- Addressing recommendations made to you during previous Re-certifications and how this has helped in your growth.
- Evidence of facilitating either in at least three (3) different industries or the use of three (3) different types of facilitation methods/approaches and lessons learned.
- A listing of professional development undertaken (please see application for more details).
- A description of challenges encountered and response to the challenges.
- A short essay (1000 to 1500 words in length) to demonstrate the IAF Core Competencies in your practice of facilitation.
- Evidence of contribution to advancing the field of facilitation (please see application for more details).
Upon receipt of the application and payment, an IAF Assessor reviews the Recertification materials and the candidate is notified within 60 days on the outcome of the application. Recertification materials are reviewed anonymously (i.e. identifiers are removed from the application and a number is assigned before being sent to the Assessor for review).
For more information about the CPF Recertification process, please contact Tom Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply and Download IAF CPF™ Recertification Application Package
*Application fees are non-refundable. Please click here for our Professional Development Fee Schedule and Policies.
"Re-certification was a timely reminder to reflect on my practice as a facilitator. What has changed in my practice and what do I need to work on? I was reminded that undertaking my CPF was just part of my ongoing, never-ending learning as a facilitator.” (Rhonda T, CPF, Melbourne, Australia)