Drawn from her extensive experience as a nationally recognized speaker, master facilitator and panel moderator, Kristin Arnold provides a step-by-step approach to help you moderate a lively and informative panel discussion.
With this 24 page user-friendly guide, you will learn five steps to successfully moderate a panel discussion like a pro, including:
- The moderator’s role and responsibilities
- Various panel formats
- How to clarify the starting conditions
- How to select, invite and confirm interesting panelists
- How to prepare to moderate the panel – including how to research the topic, the panelists and the audience, write the welcome, curate the questions you will ask, decide the audience Q&A format, determine the logistics, assemble the slideshow and promote the session.
- How to moderate the panel, including things to do just before the session starts, how to open the session, get the conversation started, keep the conversation moving briskly, intervene firmly and respectfully.
- How to facilitate the audience Q&A
- How to conclude the session
- How to follow up once the session is over!
Everything you need to know is in this step-by-step guide. By incorporating just a few of these best practices, you will dramatically improve your ability to moderate an amazingly successful panel discussion.